Saturday, October 08, 2005

8 am on a Saturday morning?!

Well, as my title reveals, it is 8 in the morning, and I have already been up now for a good half hour or more. My hubby is still sleeping soundly, as he swore he would kill me if I woke him up before 9am. For some reason, even though I don't have to be up early, I always wake up early in the morning. There is just something about the early mornings that is so peaceful. I feel like I have the world to myself. It is quiet, and tranquil. I get up and brush my teeth get the coffee on and sit to read my list of blogs, which has grown so that I only read about half of the list each day, I read the first half one day the next I read the next half. I also do this because as I read other stitcher blogs, I get the stitching bug and want to work on my own stitching. I become inspired to pick up my own needle and go to work.

Yesterday I stitched for a good 3-4 hours. Today, though I don't think that will be happening, as I have to work a full 8 hour shift today, and hubby is home from work. I never seem to get much done when he is home. I love him with all my heart, but I love it on the days when he goes to work and I am home all day by myself, I can sit and stitch to my hearts content, and do some housework and whatever else I feel like without being interrupted.

When I am done here I think I will do some stitching, before I head off to work. I am working on a piece now by Liesure arts, It is from their "Cats Galore" book. It has the Letters "L-O-V-E" and there is a kitten poking his head through the "O" It is really cute. And! It has proven to be a quick stitch. there isn't a proper name for it, I call it "Kitten Love" I only have the "E" to finish and the cat itself, plus a little backstitch on the ribbon the kitten is holding. My goal is to finish this piece by the end of next week, I think I can do it if I just stop working on all the other pieces I have going. By the way, I decided that the other pieces in my things to do for October, aren't going to get done. I try to set goals, but then my stash calls me, and I go look at the pieces that are longing to be finished and any goals previously set go by the wayside. So,they may get done, but probably not. Well, off I go to stitch.

1 comment:

MysteryKnitter said...

Just keep stitching that Kitten Love. It sounds lovely.