Monday, January 02, 2006

November quilt progress.

Well, I worked on November Quilt for an hour last ngiht, and three more this morning. I am working on the green grassy part underneath the wagon. It is coming along ok, I think, but I still have a long ways to go yet! I am hoping to finish this first page of the pattern by the end of this month. I would really like to have it finished by the end of this week, but I doubt that will truly happen. There is so much work left to do on the quilt itself, and it is the hardest part of the piece, I think. There is alot of complications, not to mention a lot of 3/4 stitches! UGH! I think I could finish the grassy part tonight, and then start serious work on the quilt itself tomorrow, I think. I always think I can reach a particular goal and then I never do. So, I will just stitch as much as I can and then stop when I feel like it, and whatever I have finished, I will have finished, I just know that this has to be done by March 10th, that is the deadline I have set for myself, as I will have to have it framed and then sent to California to my mom, for her birthday which is on April 23rd. Although, I think I could move the due date up to the first of April, and still have enough time to send it and have it get there in time, but! I also will have to get my fathers piece done, and his birthday is only 2 and a half weeks after mom's. So, I really need to get them done around the same time! That is why I have such an early deadline for my mom's, that way I will still have a month to finish dad's, to finish it off. but hopefully I will have had enough time put into it, that I won't need that whole month to finish dads. Oh man, I think the first of the year will be quite busy! If I can just get to March, and get these two obligation pieces done, then I will be done with obligation stitching for awhile...A LONG while, and then can concentrate on the million and one things I would like to stitch for myself. and with that said, I am going to go put at least another hour or two into November Quilt. And then perhaps switch over to Snow Valley Express.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!!!
I enjoyed reading your blogs and even read hubby's too! You are so blessed to have each other and to be so passionate about you hobbies and careers. Keep posting because I am gonna keep reading!!!
In HIS love,
Donna