Thursday, March 08, 2007

A nice stitchy day...

That is what today was! I got up nice and early, before 7 this morning, and I got on the computer did all my blog reading, and played some SIMS, and was in front of the tv with Isaiah in my hand stitching away by 9:30! There is where i stayed until 12, when I got up to stretch my legs and fold some laundry and put some dishes away and then I set isaiah aside and picked up the Abbey, and I sat back down and watched more ER reruns while I stitched away on the Abbey, for the rest of the afternoon, until DH got home from work. And I am about to go put in Gilmore Girls, and stitch some more.
Tomorrow I have another enterview at the paper, where I enterviewed before and the guy basically blew me off, which apparently he didn't, because he called me today and said "See? ididn't forget yah!" So, maybe this job thing will pan out afterall. and don't laugh, but what i'm going for is a paper route. Sounds so juvinile, my brother had one when he was in Jr. high, back then kids ran them on their bikes before going off to school, adn now adults run them in their cars at 1 in the morning, and I will be making over twice as much as I was when working at my last job in retail. I will only be working about 2-3 hours a day and I will be back home by 6 in the morning, so I will still have plenty of time to stitch!!! Yipppeeee! Which is why I wanted to get a route, because It is pretty good money it seems like and you don't have to go to a "real job" you work with yourself and that's it, you don't have to deal with people. Just your customers but you don't really see them, so we shall see how it goes! Ijust have to get used to staying up all night, I guess. and here I was thinking, "Yippeee! daylight savings this weekend, I love it when the sun stays out later, and then I thought, boo, I won't see the sun, because I'll be sleeping,with this new job but! NOT if I go to bed after I get home from the route! Like If I sleep from 6am-12 pm, Or so, then I still will get to enjoy the sun enough. We shall see. I may stay awake a bit after getting home from the route, watch the sun get into the sky then sleep during the day until late afternoon...or who knows!
Anyway, enough about that!
I am on my hubby's laptop so I'm not connected to the scanner so I will have to post photos of all my stitching tomorrow, I have photos of Isaiah, and Snow Valley Express, and The Abbey. So, anyway, wish me luck tomorrow with the interview, and pray that I can get this because it seems great to me, we shall see how long I continue to think so.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Good luck Lana!

Cathy said...

I had looked into doing a route around this time last year. There is some good money in paper delivery! And like you said, it's not a bad gig if you can grab some sleep during the day. I just sent my resume for an overnight job as well, two weekends a month working at a group home for teenaged mothers. I guess we'll both have some adjusting to do if we get the night-owl jobs, huh?

Pam @ Heart2Heart said...

Envious of your stitching time! I have often thought of doing the paper route thing here, but I decided for here it's not practical for me. In the winter it would be way to cold and I'm afraid of the snow and icy roads =p I wish you good luck and hope it turns out just how you want it!