Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I'm back, but not for long!

Well, I have gotten some stitching done in the past week. Not too much, but I can definitely see some progress on Dare to Dream. I am so excited! Tonight is my last night of work, and then tomorrow we leave at 6:30 in the morning for California. Well, we finally decided to take Greyhound (The bus) to California, a long wonderful 30 hour bus ride! We will make stops. in fact one stop we make is in Cindy's town, Big Spring TX. However, we are only there for 15 minutes, or I would ask if she'd like to meet up with us, but I will be thinking of her!
So our transportation issues are taken care of for our ride out there, however, what to do while we are there is a whole nother matter. Once we are there, we won't have a car. So, we may have to rent if we want to go anywhere. I mean, my family is going to do stuff with us, but they have their own lives, going to work (dad) and being a second mother to my nephew(mom) so they are busy running and we won't be able to borrow the car much.(If at all)
So, I am not sure what we will do, Oh well. I guess I will do lots of stitching! I know that is what I plan on doing on the ride there and back, that and sleep. It's funny, when I was younger I loved road trips, I could sit and read and do whatever, for hours and not be interrupted much, but now I get bored on road trips. I don't know why. I try to settle into something, reading, or stitching but can't get comfortable in the confined space, so I just put it all away and stare out the window. And I can't sleep unless I am comfy, so I am thinking about taking Tylenol PM to help make me drowsy enough to knock out. That will help pass the time. I don't know. Anyway. But, I am still very excited about hanging out with my family, and spending the time with them and being there for Christmas, and maybe some down time will be good. Although I will have plenty of down time when I get home, as I will not be working then. I will be living the liesurely life of the unemployed...until I start stressing about the bills and being cooped up in a house all day. I figure that by March I will be ready to join the work force again. If not sooner. We'll see. Anyway, onto our favorite subject: STITCHING!!!
Here is a progress picture of Dare to dream. I am taking this one with me on my trip as well as a few others, which at this point, I am not sure which ones. We shall see. Well, blogger is going to be a pain in the wazoo and won't upload my photo, so I am sorry, no photos. I will try to post later, although I am going to be extremely busy today. I will leave my house at 1 in the afternoon and not be home until 9:30 or later tonight, after work.
1:00- take dog to the pet sitter
2:00- go for last fitting of wedding dress
4:00- work
9:30- home
So, I don't think much stitching will get done today, I will bebusy packing and getting things ready for our trip. But I will have lots of time after today to do plenty...on the bus and at my parent's house, and on the bus ride home and at home when I return during those hours of not working!
Anyway. I gotta get going. Got lots to do. I will probably be able to post while at my parent's house, but not post photo's. So, Will see you at blogger later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do hope that you get to visit while you are gone, but if now know that we are thinking about you and will miss you!!! Have a wonderful time!

Faith Ann said...

Wow...30 hours...that's a loooong trip! Hopefully you'll be able to get comfy enough to stitch or read to pass the time.

Have a wonderful holiday with your family!!

Mary Ann said...

Have a wonderful visit with your family, and I hope you get to check in here from time to time.

Merry Christmas!