Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A Re-start

I have decided that I wanted to start "The Abbey" over again. I didn't enjoy stitching on the fabric I had chosen, something that was TINY, and white, with one thread stitching. YUCK! What was I thinking?! So, out went the 5 hours of work I had on it, and I pulled a light blue piece of 18 count aida. And! This means I don't have to stitch all the blue in the sky! I know! I am cheating, but there is a lot of stitching and I don't want to spend all my time stitching light blue sky- hundreds and hundreds of stitches in the same shade of light blue! Ugh! So, I have a new start, so hopefully I will actually be motivated to work on it now. I have a goal to finish it in January of '08. So, we shall see if that actually happens.

On another note, I went to the oral surgeon today for my pre op appointment as I will be having two teeth pulled (a wisdom tooth and the one next to it) next Monday! I am so not looking forward to it, however, I will be getting three days off from work, the day of the surgery and the following two, so granted I am not in too much pain, and not knocked out on drugs, I am going to stitch those days away.
"Love, Joy, Home" is coming along really well, I am completely finished with the four squares with the baskets in them to the right hand side, and I have finished the motif right next to it, it looks like a carpet or something, and am so close to a finish I am guessing another two or three hours, and that is it! So, I will wait until I finish to show it on here again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll come through the oral surgery just fine, Lana! You may need some of that pain medicine, but it's good to get those things taken care of. :)