Saturday, November 25, 2006

Christmas is in the air!

I don't know what it is about this time of the year, but it makes me want to stitch. I think it may be because I learned to stitch around this time of the year, and so I just remember that I used to sit and stitch with Christmas music playing in the background and stuff. My parent's house all decorated for the season, and the first Christmas after I started stitching my mom bought me a BUNCH of DMC, and at our house we opened gifts on Christmas eve once we got older, into our teen years, because 1) my brother would bug them so much to open gifts, and 2) they got to sleep in the next morning, which is a good thing when you stay up half the night opening gifts. Anyway, I just remember that Christmas staying up until the we hours of the morning winding floss onto bobbins. Anyway.
Yesterday I put about an hour and a half's worth of work into The Abbey. Some of that was a frogging session. But I am excited about that project again and I love it. Have you ever had that? Where you get the materials for a project and you are all excited to get going on it, and then when you do, it looses it's appeal? Well, that is what happened with this one and I am glad I started over, because it was on it's way to being a UFO! All those TINY stitches-ugh! I really don't know how people do it!! Well, I'm off to get some work into snow Valley Express this morning, and to reward myself maybe get some time in on The Abbey. Photos soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to read memories of your past Christmasses. I too told a few memories of my mother's Advent crowns in my blog today. I follow the custom in my own home now, as you can see photos on my French/English written site.

Jenn said...

What a nice memorie to have of Christmas time.