Friday, July 28, 2006

slowly going bald...

I am so stressed out lately, it will be a wonder that i will have any hair left when DH returns home. Yesterday something else went wrong, and I just sat and cried. But! Then I went to work, and the first half hour was horrible, I just felt yucky and blah, but then as time went on, I fought it. I thought, If I keep going like this thinking negatively and what not I may spiral downwards and not bea ble to get back up, so I started thinking good thoughts, like about stitching, and the good things in life. I thought of all those other military spouses who had expectation of their loved ones returning home from war, only to get a notice that their loved ones weren't coming home, and the stress they had to go through as they had to plan a funeral for the person they lost. Or the family's of POW's who never know if they'll see their loved one alive again, or when. Those sitting in fear as they await the knowledge of a MIA that they hold dear to their hearts. And I cry because something goes wrong that added a little bit to my stressful load. All I've lost is a car. No biggie, I'll deal with all this isurance hooplah and get a new car and move on. I started thanking God for all the things large and small that I have to be thankful for, just the fact that I have two hands that I can use to do my beloved stitching is something I take for granted, I thanked God that I have a job, even if it's one I'm not particularly thrilled about. and as I went through all the things I have to be thankful for, the things that seemed so large and horrible started to shrink to tiny proportions, they started to look manageable.

Thank you all who have left me such encouraging comments in this time. Since my DH left and since my car accident, and even now. Thank you.

With all that said, I think I will get to my stitching, and watching more Gilmore Girls. I went to Amazon and did some retail therapy this morning, I got two books, and the first season of Gilmore Girls, all for the low low price of just 27.99! I am thinking about going to visit a stitching sight too, for retail therapy...this could possibly be disasterous, so maybe I shouldn't! =)

Thank you all again for listening to me blab about nothing really just getting things off my chest! I promise progress pics on my next post.

1 comment:

Juanita said...

What a wonderful attitude you have! It's so easy to get caught up in everything that goes wrong, that it is sometimes hard to remember all of the things that are right. I'm glad to hear that you are able to pause and reflect on the good things. :)

I can totally relate to your previous post-- a lot of it sounds so much like me. I think most of us who have ever done a large project understand how you feel about finishing your mom's gift. You spent so much time with it day to day, that when it's over you wish it was still there to work on. As for the rotation... well, I jump around a bit, too. I go through phases with certain projects, then I end up feeling like all I ever do is post the same project over and over. Just do whatever works for you! Your stitching is for your enjoyment first and foremost. If the rest of us like reading about it, that's just a nice bonus. ;)

And well.... I can procrastinate with the best of them! Then the 'to do' list grows so long that I don't know where to start.