Friday, July 21, 2006

aaahhh...home sweet home

Well, I'm back home again. I had a ton of fun on vacation, however, it is always nice to return home again. It was hard last night to settle. I went from having three weeks filled with people noise and hustle bustle to...a large empty quiet house. My puppy wasn't even here yet. (I pick her up from the sitters later this morning.) my last few hours in California were a bit of a drag, as I finally got ahold of the insurence people concerning my car. It is a total loss, and they aren't even offering us enough money to pay off the loan, let alone put anything down on a new car. My FIL thinks we should fight it, and at least try to get the remainder of what it would cost to pay off the loan. Oh and also! They originally told me that I should have a rental car for 30 days, now because it was considered a total loss I only get it for another ten days. What the hell am I supposed to do for the rest of the time DH is in Iraq?! Walk in 100+ degree heat to work, half an hour each way?! I could take the bus, but this hell hole town has the crappiest bus service I have ever seen! They don't even run their buses past 6 in the evening!!! And no service at all on Sundays! I am so pissed! This isn't even my fault! It's not my fault that kid didn't know that when a car is going through a green light you don't turn left into them! Stupid hick! Ugh!!!! It's his screw up and I am @$$ out now! The whole reason why I hurried up and got my driver's licence was so that I would have transportation while DH is gone, and now! I'm screwed! what makes it so bad is that I am being punished for someone else's mistake, HE ran into me! and I have to deal with all this!
::Rant over:: If anyone has any advice for me I will gladly take it! I have never had to deal with anything like this and I don't even know where to start. I feel so alone, as my DH isn't even here to help me.
Onto better and brighter news!
STITCHING! The one thing that helps me keep my sanity.
Here is a photo of my progress on Snow Valley Express. This is at 19 hours. I think it is coming along alright, even if it is slow. There is so much detail that the pattern is sort of hard to read, and so it seems slow going, but I think I should be able to get it done by Christmas. I have decided I don't think I will try to rush it like I did with my mom's. Mostly because I really want to have time to do some of the projects I want to do for ME.
Well, I was going to post a photo of me at the wedding, but blogger has decided I only get to post one picture today. How nice. So I will save that one for tomorrow! I am off to stitch a bit before I head out to pick up my puppy. Bye!

5 comments:

Juanita said...

(((((Lana))))) I'm sorry to hear about your car. Wish I had some helpful advice. Is it your insurance agency or his who is refusing to pay on the rental car, etc? If it's his, talk to your own agency and see if they're any help. The "upside down" loan thing is a bummer. :(

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your car. Your stitching is great though.

Pam @ Heart2Heart said...

Catching up on blogs and so glad to see you finished your November quilt! I am sorry to hear about your accident. Maybe contact a lawyer for a free consultation and see if you have any further rights? It doesn't sound fair that you should be out because of something that wasn't your fault. Hope things work out in your favor!

Jenn said...

I was going to say the same thing Pam did. Try checking with a Lawyer. You weren't hurt in the accidient but, maybe there is still something he could do for you

Von said...

Sympathetic hugs, Lana. Hope somehow things will work out with getting you a new car.

On a happier note, it must bring a little refreshment to your spirit to be stitching a lovely snow scene in these dog days of summer!