Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Happy Tuesday!

Hello! Wow! the weather here has been crazy! last night there was talk about tornado's, this morning, actually this afternoon I woke up to a thunderstorm ripping through...some crazy stuff! I actually love thunderstorms now! I have lived in TX now for a little over two years, and when I first moved here, I hated them, I would all of just about hide under the bed when one would come around. I'm from California we don't have thunderstorms, we just don't. If a "thunderstorm" comes to the southern Cali area there are no "Severe weather alerts" issued on the radio or on the TV. We have things in California that you can't issue an alert for! Although many scientist have tried to do so, giving an alert for an earthquake doesn't happen so well. So, when I moved here and heard the weather alert sound on the radio the first time, I thought the world was going to crack in half and fall apart, I was freaked out!
But now after having been through many thunderstorms, I just turn on the radio and make sure we don't go to tornado warning, and everything is fine. I actually (call me crazy if you will) enjoy wrapping up in a blanket and sitting on my front porch to watch a storm. At night if there's a storm, I like to turn out all the lights, and open the blinds so I can see the lightning flicker through the sky. It has this delicious scary feeling to it, you know the kind of feeling where you know that it can potentially harm you, but the possibility is slim, so why not sit back and enjoy the thunder boomig through the clouds. You get a little jump when it booms and cracks, and you can hear it either getting louder or softer...anyway. I love thunderstorms now, and I know you all wanted to know! LOL
Sorry if this post is very chatty. I have been doing a lot of writing lately. Fictional stuff actually, and that is why I haven't been on here much. I have been over at my fictional blogs sharing a story or two out of my head. If you all want the link feel free to ask, and I will post it here in my next post. It's funny, because in 5th grade I recieved my first D in Creative writing, which made no sence at all, because I could write everyone else in that class under the table. and it was a 5th/6th grade combo class. I would write 5 pages for everyone else's 1 or 2 pages. That stupid teacher gave me a D because I wasn't writing things she thought I should. She said I needed to be more creative, because I wrote about realistic things and she wanted me to write about talking rabbits or something. Imagine her utter surprize when three years later there was a district assembly to award ME the "Young author's award for all of Ventura county" I coulda stuck my tongue out at her and said "Told yah so". Of course I didn't. But I am so glad that I never gave up my writing. That lady could have squelched something that is a talent and a gift in me, but I pushed through and three years later a teacher who recognized my talent for what it was, turned my story into the competition, unbeknownst to me, she had asked me if I wanted to, but I said no, because I didn't think I was any good, but she saw the potential, and the talent. And now, while I still don't think I'm good enough to be truly published, the World wide web has made it possible for me to share my writing with others. Anyway, so that's where I've been. I have stitched a little, I was supposed to work on my SAL piece yesterday but I didn't. Naughty me! I guess that's what happens when you have too many hobbies! One always wins out! I think I might have put about 20 stitches into Cheryl's bouquet but that is about it. I am not sure what today holds, but we shall see. Hope you are all having a great Tuesday!

1 comment:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

We had some wild weather here this afternoon. Oh my the thunder, lightening and wind were something else!