Thursday, February 27, 2020

A VERY stitchy weekend!

In my last post I mentioned a stitching event that the Full Coverage Fanatics hosted over the Valentine day weekend. It was called “All you need is love” and the theme was to stitch on anything you felt signified love or an object or piece you loved. I chose The Gaze as it is a picture of a wolf. I LOVE wolves, next to the tiger I think they are my favorite animal. I also said that wolves are dogs, and who loves more unconditionally than a dog? A pet dog is the most loyal, loving pet ever. So I thought it fit the prompt.
Here’s where it was when I started:
   
Here’s after I put 1011 stitches into it over the course of 3 days:


I’m pretty happy with that progress. I don’t think I have ever stitched that much in a three day period before. It was nice and fun, but I really think I burnt myself out on stitching for a bit, it took me some time to be able to pick up any stitching after that! 

But it helped me get quite a bit ahead on my stitch count for the 20 in 20 Challenge I’m doing for the Full Coverage Fanatics group on Facebook. I’m now so far ahead I don’t have to pick it up until March, and I won’t fall behind. Which is good because over the course of working so hard on this, I fell way behind on my National Park Challenge piece.  So now I’m trying to play catch up on that. And I’ve been focusing so much on it that I have yet to pick up my non-challenge pieces this month. Yikes! And there are only a few days left! We’ll see how this goes! 
Hope you’re having a great day and I look forward to seeing you here again soon, for my monthly wrap up! Happy stitching! 

1 comment:

Katie said...

Fantastic progress. I know what you mean though about stitching so hard it's like you burn out. I did that after the January marathon. Worked so hard I just needed a day off. The progress was sure worth it. Gorgeous.