Saturday, February 01, 2020

January wrap up

This month was really productive. I feel great about what I was able to accomplish, even though I did fall short some of my stitch count goals. Oh well, better luck next time. 

On Emerald Forest I was able to get a page finish and a good start on page 4. I was happy about that. 
I did, however fall short of my 3410 stitch goal on this one. I was able to complete 3334 stitches, so I should easily be able to catch up and hit my 4000 stitch mark for this right on time on Feb. 6th. I only fell short by 76 stitches. 

This one is Spring Quilt. I was able to get 382 stitches in on it this month. My goal for it was 600 stitches, so I fell short on this one by quite a bit. As I you will probably hear me say a lot this year....better luck next time! 

This is The Gaze my piece for the 20 in 20 Challenge in the Full Coverage Fanatics group on Facebook. (Goal is to stitch 20,000 stitches in one piece over the course of 2020). My goal for this one was 1705 stitches for the month, and I surpassed it at 1746. So I’m really happy about that!! I attribute that to all those large blocks of orange at the very top. They were quick and easy to put in. 

And lastly, I have this poor little guy, who I hardly picked up at all! I have a hard time making myself pick up these smaller pieces, when I’m trying to reach goals for my group challenges. So! I was able to complete all the cross stitching in this and start the back stitching. As you can see, the bull there is happily smiling at you. He’s so cute!! I can’t wait to get these cuties finished!! I was only able to get 158 stitches in on this. So I fell WAAAY short of my 500 stitch goal on this! Oh well! Say it with me....”Better luck next time!!” Since moving to Alaska I’ve become a bit obsessed with moose. They show up everywhere. The backyard, in the street, crossing the busy highways! It’s fun! 

So that’s all I accomplished stitch wise in January. I’m Excited for February. It’s my daughters birth month, she turns 9 this year!! What?! Last year of single digits! However, I think it might have an effect on how much stitching I will get done. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I’m able to hit my goals. 
Alright, that’s it for me today. Thank you for stopping by, and I will be posting a February Goals post soon. So you’ll all know what I’ll be trying to get done in February. Thank you all so much for your lovely comments and encouragement! I love hearing from you all!! Truth be told, I’ve really missed this blogging thing, and I’m really excited to be back!! As usual, guys, Happy Stitching! See yah soon!!

3 comments:

Renee said...

You may not have hit all of your goals, but you made fantastic progress on so many gorgeous projects. Beautiful work!

Vicki said...

Lana, your projects are all progressing nicely! I have to admit that my favorite is going to be Spring Quilts for a while (only because I have the same pattern, unstarted). Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Katie said...

Beautiful progress on everything.