Thursday, May 13, 2010

"J", "K", and May

Ok, I know I need to share photos of H and I still, and I will, the photo is on my camera as I type, but for now I am going to show off my laziness for the month!

Normally, by this time of the month (No! Not THAT time!) I just mean half way through the month, I have already finished what I consider my monthly smalls (two letters and a month block) However, the month is halfway gone, or will be tomorrow, and This is as far as I have gotten with my monthly smalls:


Not soo bad on the May checkered block, that is a finish you see there, which occured only this morning. "K" You can see has the entire border finished and a small start on the letters within, and "J"....well, I pulled threads for it JUST this morning, other than that....nothing!


See? I kinda have a system, I like to have these smalls out of the way within the first 10 days of the month, or at least by half way through, thus leaving a few weeks to focus on the larger projects I am working on, like "Howling at the moon", "The Abbey", and my Lamb series.


So, my goal for this weekend is to finish J and K, I am hoping I can do it, though it is promising to be wet and rainy most the weekend, which is good stitching weather, so I think I may get them finished! I will let you know how it goes!


Here is an upclose and personal look at my May block:
Ok, pretend this one is cropped! I cropped it in the edits thingy but apparently it didn't save the cropped one to my computer! Gah! Oh well! And! Notice! I actually did the back stitch all the way around the block this time! A thin line of pink all around the inner squar there! I still haven't pulled out April and done that yet, I guess I better before I do any finishing with this project! I think of allt he monthly checkered squares I've done, this one is my favorite, the colors on here don't do that flower justice! It is SO vibrant and beautiful! And totally pops against that black and white background!
Well, I'm off to get some work on on my letters now. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Love the May block -- so pretty!

Jules said...

Nice Work!!! And, lol at your side comment. A little TMI, but that's alright. LOL

How many of the Evanovich books do you have left? I saw where she is releasing a new book later this year in the Alex Barnaby series (Metro Girl, Motor Mouth). It will be a comic book instead of a regular novel. I can't wait!!!!! Not that I am into comics much anymore, but I love that series almost as much as the Plum stories!

Jennifer said...

Hi, thanks for the nice comment about my gymnastics designs. These are my quirky little passion.....not my addiction, like EVIL, EVIL FACEBOOK! I totally agree with you on that one (your previous post). I spend WAAAAY too much time there and I'm not really a hip and happenin' computer type of gal. That is the Facebook me. The dorky, gymnastics, stitchy me is my blog.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your checkered block is just adorable!

DaisyGirl said...

Yup, he did grow up way too fast! Plus he's leaving for college in the fall, so I've got to love on him as much as possible! Wow, the flower block looks very tiny! Is it over one?