Sunday, December 15, 2013

It's official! I'm addicted!


I couldn't wait! I JUST HAD to start "Flower Bride" All those gorgeous purples and lavendars were just calling my name!

Here she is at 5 hours of work. I used to keep track of my hours on my projects, and had gotten out of the habit. But, I am just curious as to how long one of these takes. Mind you, this is a SMALL one, so I'm sure not as long as a "real" one would take. But, the past 3 days, since I started this (on Dec. 12) I can hardly put it down! I can't believe HOW many shades of purple/pink are just in that tiny bit I've done right there.  I think there are 6 or 7 shades there! WOW! 
And here is what the pattern looks like!  Page 1. This project is 8 pages, but 4 of those pages are not full pages. barely like 15 rows or something, not bad at all. So, we shall see. I don't want to switch out my projects now! I just want to work on this one forever!! 
 

 

 Also, in my last post I mentioned that I would be working the next piece (Sea of Roses) on 25 count. I have decided to also do it on 18 count. At 25 count, finished size would only be 6 inches by 7 inches. That's like something you frame to set on a desk, in my opinion...lol, so have once again decided I will be stitching it on 18 count, this bringing it to a nice hefty 13 by 14 size. Much better for a wall hanging.  But! ONE day! I WILL buy one of the monstrous sized ones and HAVE to do it on 25 count, lest it cover an entire wall! THAT would be interesting! LOL

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! And tips and notes on working an HAED piece. I am so excited to finally be diving into these patterns! I have actually been thinking of naming 2014 "The year of The BAP" And just go crazy and start a bunch of my Kustom Kraft projects, as well as these HAED pieces too.  But that is still yet to be seen. I DO love working on my Christmas ornies as well.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend! Filled with lots of stitching, though I know this is a busy time of the year for most people. I will be going on vacation on Weds. So, after I'm done posting this, I will be preposting my next update on The Abbey to be posted the 20th, and then you probably won't hear from me for a bit. Thanks again for reading!


5 comments:

StitchyDon said...

Great progress !! I like calling 2014 the year of the BAP !!!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying it!

Unknown said...

lovely work so far!!

have a brilliant Christmas and look forward to your updates after the festive period xx

Angela said...

Lovely stitching!

Lillie said...

Great start there! Enjoy.