Monday, September 19, 2011

Crazy busy!!

Last week was insanely busy for me! We were babysitting a friends 7 month old son, while she traveled for work. Wow! It was almost like having twins! My daughter and the little boy are only 3 weeks apart in age! Throw in Separation anxiety and we had ourselves quite a busy week!! The poor little guy was so sad, as he'd not been away from his mom that long since he's been born. He would cry at night time, and just bury his little teary face into my shoulder and hang onto me for dear life.

She returned this evening and I had to sort of admit, that while it was quite a challenge and a test of my patience and motherly love, I was sorta sad to see him go. But I know he will be so much more happy with his momma.

this being said I was SOOOO exhausted every evening from the tearful tirades that being able to read or stitch after we would get the babies to sleep was just not happenin'. I was too exhausted and just fell into bed and often right to sleep pretty much as soon as I got both little tykes to sleep.

I am looking forward to some stitching and reading time this week! I have missed it sooooo much!! I do have some progress on Howling to share, that I had gotten done before the crazy week, and I have some progress on one of my christmas cards as well! So I will share them probably tomorrow! Boy this month has not been productive at all, and definitely not blog-filled. I can't believe this month is more than half way over with and I have only posted once so far!! We gotta remedy that soon!!

Ok, I'm off to curl up in bed with my book, it's late, but I need to get back into my routine. Tomorrow? I stitch!!! Good night everyone!!

2 comments:

Charity C. said...

Sorry you had such a tough week! I hope your body will settle down soon...and I am glad to hear you will be stitching again! Have fun and chill!

Von said...

Poor little guy! How nice that you could look after him while his mother was away. :) You deserve some extra stitching time this week!