Sunday, April 26, 2020

The Gaze


I was able to get a page finish on this piece since I last updated! So that was page three done, and I’m now done with the top row of pages on this project.

As you can see I got that page finish quite awhile ago. I just haven’t felt like updating.

Me and my family are doing well. I’m still working, but now on top of that I also have to do homeschooling with my daughter who’s 9 now and sometimes by the time I’m done dealing with all that drama, I just haven’t had the mental energy to post here. I love my family but it’s draining for me as an extreme introvert to have them home ALL. THE. TIME. Then still having to go to work and deal with more people there.... I stitch, I read and try not not go crazy. Lol.

I am thankful for health and still being able to work, during this rough time. I don’t mean to sound ungrateful but it’s just draining for me. I’ll get through this.

I pray that you and yours are all healthy and doing well, and you are maybe finding some peace and solace in your stitching.

Stay calm, and stitch on, my friends! Thankyou for stopping by! Have a great week! And I will try to get more regular updates here now.

Joyful stitching!!

4 comments:

Maggie Jackson said...

I read a comment from another home-schooling mom this week. She said "Can I request a transfer to another class now?"

My thoughts are with you... I am an introvert, too. (My husband corrects me to say I'm happily a hermit.) I love him but I'm ready for him to go back to work now. Even the cat it getting on my nerves a little! But this too will pass.

And at least we have our stitching!

Stay well, stay stitching!
Best wishes,
Maggie from Alberta, Canada

Jules said...

I love the progress you've made! I understand how you feel. I am working both of my jobs from home and I am so emotionally drained from it right now. I can't wait to get back to my actual office. 24/7 in the house with the same person and my clingy cat ... I want to scream "Calgon take me away!" LOL

Vicki said...

The Gaze is such a dramatic piece, I'm eagerly following your progress on it.
One of my daughters and her kids have moved in with us since February (divorce). She is a social worker for DCS and works 12+ hour days during this situation. I am overseeing the distance learning for a 3rd grader and 5th grader. It can be challenging! My other daughter has to work from home as well as oversee distance learning for her Kindergartner. She is a self-described introvert and your comments are very familiar to me as they echo hers. Hang in there!! It will improve soon.

Katie said...

Beautiful! Don't feel bad. I feel the same way. I really get jealous of the people who talk about having nothing but time. I feel like I have less time and I don't really understand where the heck my time is going. Stay sane.