Monday, February 16, 2015

First finish of 2015!

Precious Moments "Counting our Moments Together"
Stitched on 18 cnt cream colored aida  using DMC floss 2 over 1
Started Nov. 10, 2014 Finished Feb. 16, 2015

I finally finished this thing!! Just in time, too! My parents will be here tomorrow! I'm so excited that I finished it!  It was a small piece, only took about 3 months to do but it was a bear of a project. I have a few counting mistakes, but I fudged it, and worked around them, and you can't see them!

It looks like it is not centered in this photo,(top to bottom) because of the angle I took the picture to avoid the glare on the glass, but it is! 

I added DMC metallic (The devils thread! I hate this stuff! the tangles, and the fraying are awful) to the backstitching on the #50 and in the hour glass, just to add a little bling.

Well, now I am freed up to work on some other projects. I am going to pull out "Web of Life" and "The Dragon" and slot them into the spots in my rotation that this piece was occupying, in hopes that I will see a finish on Web very soon.

And! I am also super excited as I ordered some 25 and 22 count fabrics to work my HAED pieces. It wasn't supposed to get here until tomorrow, but it got here on Valentines day! So, now I have fabbies to get started on my new HAED pieces....not that I should, but I CAN! I also bought new ink for my
3-in-1 so I can make working patterns for them as well. So, we will see if I actually break down and start a new one, or if I'll be good and wait until I have another finish. We will see.  

I probably will not be posting much if at all the rest of this month as my parents will be here, so got lots of visiting to do!

Joyful stitching everyone!!


9 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats on the finish! It looks perfect in the frame. I bet they will LOVE it.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is so cute! Good job.

Linda said...

Congrats on the beautiful finish Lana.
I think you should start a HAED sooner rather than later.
Have fun visiting with your parents.

Linda

Lana said...

Thank you, Katie!!

Lana said...

I like the way you think!! Starting a new HAED sounds like a great idea! I just might do that!

Barbi said...

Such a sweet piece Lana! Your parents are going to love it.

Brigitte said...

Such a lovely piece for your parents, Lana. They will be delighted.

diamondc said...

Lana: This is a beautiful finish, lucky parents you have.
I always love to get new fabric.
I look forward to seeing the progress on your new stitching project.

Catherine

Dani - tkdchick said...

I hope they loved it you did a beautiful job!