Monday, February 16, 2015

First finish of 2015!

Precious Moments "Counting our Moments Together"
Stitched on 18 cnt cream colored aida  using DMC floss 2 over 1
Started Nov. 10, 2014 Finished Feb. 16, 2015

I finally finished this thing!! Just in time, too! My parents will be here tomorrow! I'm so excited that I finished it!  It was a small piece, only took about 3 months to do but it was a bear of a project. I have a few counting mistakes, but I fudged it, and worked around them, and you can't see them!

It looks like it is not centered in this photo,(top to bottom) because of the angle I took the picture to avoid the glare on the glass, but it is! 

I added DMC metallic (The devils thread! I hate this stuff! the tangles, and the fraying are awful) to the backstitching on the #50 and in the hour glass, just to add a little bling.

Well, now I am freed up to work on some other projects. I am going to pull out "Web of Life" and "The Dragon" and slot them into the spots in my rotation that this piece was occupying, in hopes that I will see a finish on Web very soon.

And! I am also super excited as I ordered some 25 and 22 count fabrics to work my HAED pieces. It wasn't supposed to get here until tomorrow, but it got here on Valentines day! So, now I have fabbies to get started on my new HAED pieces....not that I should, but I CAN! I also bought new ink for my
3-in-1 so I can make working patterns for them as well. So, we will see if I actually break down and start a new one, or if I'll be good and wait until I have another finish. We will see.  

I probably will not be posting much if at all the rest of this month as my parents will be here, so got lots of visiting to do!

Joyful stitching everyone!!


10 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats on the finish! It looks perfect in the frame. I bet they will LOVE it.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is so cute! Good job.

Linda said...

Congrats on the beautiful finish Lana.
I think you should start a HAED sooner rather than later.
Have fun visiting with your parents.

Linda

Lana said...

Thank you, Katie!!

Lana said...

Thank you!!

Lana said...

I like the way you think!! Starting a new HAED sounds like a great idea! I just might do that!

Barbi said...

Such a sweet piece Lana! Your parents are going to love it.

Brigitte said...

Such a lovely piece for your parents, Lana. They will be delighted.

diamondc said...

Lana: This is a beautiful finish, lucky parents you have.
I always love to get new fabric.
I look forward to seeing the progress on your new stitching project.

Catherine

Dani - tkdchick said...

I hope they loved it you did a beautiful job!