Saturday, November 15, 2014

New Start progress #1!


I finally got off my lazy behind and pulled the threads and got this project started. Which is good because it's a gift for my parents 50th wedding anniversary... Which was LAST August! So it is now more than a year overdue! They are coming out here for a visit mid-February for my daughters birthday, and I'm really going to try and have this done and framed and ready to give to them then! So I have about 3 months to get this stitched up and framed. So... Wish me luck. It's a fairly easy piece, shouldn't take too long! I finished all this in 3 days (about 4 hours worth of work) it's a pretty easy stitch. It's a picture of two Precious Moments kids holding an hour glass and it's called "Counting our Moments together". My mom collects PMs. So I showed her my patterns and this is the one she picked. And I will probably personalize it as well.  Wish me luck! I think I'm gonna need it! 

5 comments:

Marie said...

I had to laugh when I read you were a year late in getting this piece stitched for their 50th…better late than never. Good luck, I am certain you will get that done!

Sandra said...

I love to start new projects!Good luck with it, it's already looking good :)

Shebafudge said...

Good luck! I have to stitch for my MIL/FIL 50th next April. Perhaps we should have a SAL for it...lol. xx

Linda said...

Nice start Lana. Wishing you luck. I know you can get it done.

Linda

Trina said...

Love your start! Can't wait to see more!

Trina (Stitching Oz)