Saturday, October 11, 2014

May be a little while....

I just wanted to stop in and say hi! Life has just been so busy as of late. Boy, being a stay home mom to an active three year old is hard! I can hardly get anything done. I feel like just giving up. I've given up on trying to even keep my house clean, cuz the minute I pick it all up, the toddler makes a ginormous mess again! Then it seems as if I could sit for two hours doing absolutely NOTHING but stare at the wall, and she won't utter a peep, she's perfectly happy and content. The second I think "she's fine I can get up and do something" all of a sudden she needs me! So I've just given up. We are gonna get her in a mom's day out program after the first of the year, so I may be able to get back to doing some of the things I love then. But for now I'm just taking a break from stitching, and since I won't be stitching much I won't have much to blog about. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season! And I will see you again...not sure when... But I will be back... It just may be awhile! Thank you for understanding!!! Joyful stitching to you all! I will still be looking at all my favorite blogs. I thoroughly enjoy looking at all your beautiful projects and reading about your lives.

6 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Gentle huggles and hang in there.

Cindy's Stitching said...

nothing is ever clean when kids are around. You will find your way back to stitching.

Linda said...

Hang in there Lana. Things will get better. I'm going to miss your posts but will look for them again in a few months.

Linda

Vicki said...

I've been where you are and I want to assure you that you'll get through this stage. I can't promise it will be soon, but it will happen! Hang in there, and don't be hard on yourself.

Mii Stitch said...

I'm sure things will get better :)

Monique said...

When my daughter was a toddler she didn't like me stitching at all. For my sanity I tried knitting and it worked for a few years due to being able to put it down pretty much immediately as needed.
She is now 10 and I can not say that I get peaceful stitching done yet but it is better. I still can't get peaceful time as we sit in the same room while I stitch and she is a big talker:-) Plus I do still end up having to put it down often due to motherly duties but I do stitch and it has gotten better. Can't say the making mess has gotten any better as she stamps her presence into any room by leaving at least one item in it or alot of stuff in the lounge but you do just learn to cope. Good luck and hope to see you back soon... though it was only when my daughter was 7 that I managed to pick up the needle again. But mine has always been a bit of a needy child so hopefully your hiatus won't be as long as mine was... will hold thumbs.