Tuesday, November 05, 2013

The Abbey....A little more backstitching.

Well, I was only able to get a few hours in on this project this time around....again...(my stitching time has been really minimal here lately, but that will all change soon.) I am happy with the amount of progress I was able to get in on this. It seems to be backstitching fairly quickly. I am not sure if I will be able to finish this entire thing by years end, but I think it won't be far past that. Right now I am working on the backstitching of page 5, pages 1-3 don't have that much backstitchingin them, and the areas on the bottom, where all the flowers are don't either. So, I just have to keep it up. I just can't wait to finish the backstitching on this, so I can move on....I have been toying with the idea of starting a new "Kustom Krafts" piece. But maybe I'll be good, and just move "Mystic Dragon" into it's place?  I just have so many WIP's I feel a bit guilty for starting a new BAP.Oh what to do, what to do? Too many projects. not enough time! LOL
Well, I hope your days are filled with lots of happy stitches!

11 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

The backstitch really finishes it off! It looks stunning!!! You're nearly done, keep it up :)

Vicki said...

This piece is just so beautiful!

Linda said...

What a beautiful design Lana. I love it.

Linda

Annie said...

It's looking fantastic! I really like when you post updates on this one:)

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That looks so good and will be really nice once done.

Unknown said...

Very Pretty! Help me out please, what's a WIP, and a BAP? I have never heard those terms.

Shebafudge said...

This piece really is looking totally amazing! It looks like a gorgeous design to stitch :)

Brigitte said...

I really love this design with the dramatic sky colours in the background. The backstitches bring forward some of the details very well. Not long and you will have finished it.

Deb said...

Gorgeous! Back stitching does bring out the tiny details!

Precious Crafts said...

The colours are truly effective at lighting up the whole picture. It's a dramatic piece. And almost finished! :D

Anonymous said...

find doing backstitching )if with only one thread) is made much easier ny using a fine, sharp (ssewing_ needle. It just fits the sharp point better between two stitches then the embroidery needles blunt point118 togwee11 does