Monday, November 14, 2011

Some finishes and Birthday celebration! (heavy photo post!)

First up I would like to share my recent finishes:
This one I JUST finished half an hour ago!
Here is "Christmas Blessings" Finished:




And now I want to share some photos from my birthday celebration. Note there will be no photos of me here, as my hair was a mess and the hubs wouldn't let me go brush it, so there! LOL




Here's the birthday loot...some of it anyway...I got more books with that gift card. My Father In Law got me all those beautiful shells, and the little green Shi shi dogs (The little statues right in front of the gift card) don't know if I spelled it right. I got also the boxed set of the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series. Ever since I saw the first one back when I worked in the book section of Sams club, over 3 years ago, I have thought these looked cute, and they were! I finished all 5 within two days I think! They were something that I woulda loved as a child...it sorta took me back to my childhood reading days. There in the lower right hand corner are two "More adult" books: "Joy comes in the morning" by Betty Smith (Author of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn") and "The Plot Against America" which is on a list I am currently trying to read through "Dr. Boxall's 1001 Books you must read before you die" Which I am sure I will never get through all 1001 titles, especially since he releases a new edition every year, so it's more like 1020 books you must read..." And I was looking for some fun TV shows to watch, so hubby got me the first two seasons of Cougar Town, which I'm about half way through the second season, it is FUNNY!





Here is my hubby and Alyssa right before I blew out the candles...




Here's the cake!






WHAT?!







Aaaahhh, now THAT's better!








After presents we went out to dinner then came home to eat cake and watch a few episodes of my new show.






So, it was small, but a nice day. I also got 5 more books with the gift card, plus a book, a coffee mug and a ton of Victoria's Secret body stuff from a dear friend!






All in all a very nice 34th celebration!!




And now you probably can see by the inscription on the cake why the name of my blog is what it is! But you can call me Lana! =)

10 comments:

Chris said...

Happy Birthday Lana!
Your stitching is beautiful :)

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Great finishes!

Happy Birthday!

Baby girl is sure growing fast!

Margaret said...

Lovely finishes! Looks like you had a great birthday too! Happy belated birthday!

Lynn said...

Fabulous finishes! I'm glad you had an enjoyable birthday. Your cake looks scrumptious!

Carol said...

Happy Birthday!! Wishing you a wonderful year ahead :)

Shelleen said...

Happy Birthday and your stitching finishes came out great.

Jennifer Burch said...

Joy? I thought your name was Lana! :)

Carla said...

Lovely finishes!
Glad you had a great birthday :)

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Happy Birthday!

What lovely finishes those are so cute.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Cute finishes and happy belated birthday!!!