Every year (for the past two years, and now this year) I try to read 75 books. I am a member on goodreads.com, and joined a group on there called the 75 book challenge where we all try to read 75 books during the year. Which basically averaged out is about 6 and a quarter books read a month.
As you all know, I had a baby in February, so the beginning of the year really stunk for me in the reading department (stitchy department too!) And so in February and March I only got 3 books read in each of those books! ::gulp:: However, I have drastically picked up the pace! This past month (May) I read 8 books!!! I was so excited!!
I am hoping to be able to do this again this month as well! Anyway, I just wanted to share what I read last month, with my personal star rating next to them, out of 5.
1. The Adventures of Sherlock Homes ****
2. Safe Haven By Nicholas Sparks ***** (Sparks usually always gets 5 stars here!)
3. The Christmas Train By: David Baldacci *****( This was my first book I've read by this author, and he will definitely be making another appearance on my book shelf!)
4. Amazing Word search collection (Not a REAL book, but I counted it, since it DOES have an ISBN number! Hey! With a new born in the house,I need all the help I can get to reach that 75 book goal! )
5. Haunted Schools ***** By:Allan S. Mott ( I love true ghost stories and am really into the paranormal!)
6. The Boleyn Inheritance ***** By: Philippa Gregory
7. Haunted Highways **** By: Dan Asfar (More ghosty stuff!)
8. Standing in the Rainbow **** by: Fannie Flag ( I read one other of hers a few years back, and her writing has that country down home, small town feel to it! I liked this one quite a bit)
So, that was my reading list for May! I finally turned off the computer and got lots of reading and stitching in, and I hope to do this again this month as well! If you have questions about these books, you can ask me in the comments, or you can find me on goodreads here:
I have already finished one book for the month of June: The Memory Keepers Daughter. I loved it alot, it definitely got 5 stars from me!! I had heard really great things about it, and when I saw it at the library I had to snatch it up!
Right now I am reading two,which are both VERY good:
-The Red Queen By: Philippa Gregory
-The Interruption of Everything by: Terry McMillan
Next time I post "Book Talk Tuesday" I will have a review or two, hopefully!!