Thursday, January 27, 2011

Wow! It's been awhile...But there is progress!!!


I have just been sorta in an "anti-computer" mood lately. My hubby and I went on a marriage retreat put on by our church this past week, and I went totally without internet for about 3 days, and it felt soooooo good that I have sorta been staring at my computer with disdain ever since I got home!

Which is great for stitchy progress!!! I am almost finished with "Sunshine", the last lamb panel for Alyssa's Quilt. I am out of the blue I need to finish filling in the sky, but I ordered it from Herrschners this past week and it should be here in about 2-3 weeks! I should have ordered it a long time ago, but I kept hoping my craft store would get it in, but oh well! It's on it's way now. I have been just working on filling in the white in all the clouds until my floss shows up. But I still have plenty of other things to do for the quilt itself (piecing) until it does get here, so there will still be progress just quilty progress not stitchy progress! Like the strips that will make up the border all need to be put together, and one of the borders is made up of 2x2 inch squares of alternating fabbies, I have LOTS of piecing to do! So, still have lots to do to keep me busy until my floss shows up! I think I may have bit off more than I can chew, seeing as this is really the first quilt I have ever made, but I want it to be something special for my lil' angel! Not just a couple squares of fabric thrown together. So, we shall see how it all comes out!

10 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is a lot of progress! It looks really cute too.

Emily & Scott said...

Awww the little lamb is so cute!! You're doing such an amazing job!! Her quilt will be beautiful and it will be special because it came from your heart!! I am looking forward to seeing it all finished!!

Cindy's Stitching said...

That is very pretty. I love the colors. You are lucky to go on a retreat.

Sue said...

"Sunshine" looks great.

Jennifer said...

I always go to reply to your comments on my blog and your email address never comes through. :-( Email me at sweetpeastitches @ yahoo.com

Maureen said...

three days with no internet, don't think i would have coped lol.. actually it can be really nice to get away from all things technical and just totally chill. and good progress on your lamb

Barb said...

That is so cute. Great progress.

Barb said...

Cute. Great progress so far.

Carolyn NC said...

This is just adorable - looks great!

Anonymous said...

What great progress!! Retreats are great for refreshing you and making you see that the computer and other technology does get in the way of the important things in life.