Wednesday, March 04, 2009

A decision has been made!


Well after diving into my WIP drawer...making sure I stayed clear from the stash drawer...lol... I decided to pull this one out. Yeah it's a lil' gloomy for this time of year...but I have been into Ghost stories as of late, so thought this seems to sorta fit in with the theme of my reading right now.
This first photo is as it was when I last worked on it, back in November, I believe. This is what it looked like when I picked it up on Monday morning.

And This is what it looks like after working on it for two days! i switched out the yellow color in the bird there on the left, as the color called for in the magazine this design is in was way too dark...the original color is in the first photo, you can see the start of the bird there. I picked all that out and went up a few shades. In the model photo in the Magazine, the color is more of a yellow, not that that olive green color that is in the first photo, so decided to change that. I like the brighter color much better.
This project is so easy to stitch, and so addicting!!! I love this project!!! I definitely will have to look into getting more sampler type projects to work on.
Thats about it for me. I am back to work tonight, after having two wonderful days off. I am hoping to pull out Howling at the Moon today though, if I can keep my paws off this beauty! We shall see!

5 comments:

Meari said...

Congrats on your new blog "look", Lana. Your WIP is coming right along. :)

CindyMae said...

It is looking great! I love the color that you changed the bird too, much better!

Ranae said...

Nice looking progress and I just adore your snowmen

Carolyn NC said...

Your new blog is really cute. Great progress on your stitching!

Stitchingranny said...

Oh I so agree with your the gold bird really seems to lift the whole design.