Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Trying to get through it...

Trying to get through what? you ask! All the feeds on my google reader with all the lovely stitching blogs that I love! I have been absent from the whole stitching/stitcher blogs scene for some time now, and I think that is why I haven't been stitching. I forget how much enabling happens when I read blogs, reading them makes me just want to take up needle and thread and go to work! But, I am trying to get through my long list of blogs. I had 800+ at one point it is now down to under 700...phew! We'll see if I can get through them all, before the week's end...ha! ha! LOL! I have Friday and Sunday off, so maybe if I sit and read them on those days instead of doinking around on other sites I will actually make a good dent in them! But I always find myself wanting to sit and stitch after just a few minutes of reading people's blogs. So, i may actually get some stitching in as well.





Things here have been good, I have been busy which is good, since hubby is gone and time goes faster when you keep busy! Schoolwork for the most part really, but also work. I have switched departments so now I am learning new things and really enjoying what I do. But! I work a crazy weird shift...I start at 5 in the morning!!! So I am having to totally adjust my sleeping patterns...once again. But! The good thing is the latest I get out is 1 int he afternoon! But most days I get out at 10/10:30 in the morning, then I come home take a short nap and have most the day to do whatever! It is really nice! so, this makes me really wonder why no stitching? I have no idea! Ok, yes, I do, homework for one, reading for fun or another, and a website that I recently came across called "Myyearbook.com". It is much like myspace, but ALOT better. I'm always there, chatting with people, and whatnot. It is lots of fun.





Anyway, I said that next time I post I will share a photo of what I am working on now...


So, here it is...it is a sampler (obviously) call the Fruit of Prayer. I got it out of a magazine...I don't remember which one, but I had been int he mood to work on sampler for awhile, and there are SO many cute ones out there. i see so many in different blogs and I thought "I have only done one so far, and that one I gave to my mom, i really want to stitch one for me" So there it is.

Oh yes and let me clarify one thing...in my last post I said my hubby bought me "one". The "one" I was referring to was a new digi cam, not a new scanner, and I have never uploaded photos from a camera before, so this is all new to me, so if some of the photos are a bit weird, sorry, please bare with me, as you can see...this one has a shadow on it, but I'm new to this so...sorry! Hopefully I'll get better with time! lol

Well, I am off to either read more blogs, or sit and stitch. We are supposed to get some strong thunderstorms later today, but I will be at work, gosh I hope I won't have to drive in any of that junk. I hate driving anyway, and then add rain and a storm...ugh! Oh well, work is only 2 miles away so it shouldn't be too bad! Alright, I hope you are all having a wonderful week! I'll try to post more later, especially if I stitch more. Which I am hoping to. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Sue said...

Your sampler is off to a great start! Mr. Snowman is almost finished, keep going ;)

Juanita said...

Only 700, huh? LOL I was absent from the blogging world for a while, too, and it seems like it takes a long time to catch up again.

You're off to a great start with the sampler. Hope to be seeing more progress soon! And maybe there will even be tales of enabling. ;)

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Your Stitching is beautiful....do you have a list of your Blogs somewhere that you read? I hope you get through all of them...

Take care & Happy Stitching

natty68 said...

I too have something like 800 odd blogs to get through, but it's something like 3360 posts..ack!! Gods knows how I am going to do this and I do so want to read everyone's blogs. I think I shall have to take a whole day or two to read them all..

The sampler is looking great..keep up the good work.

*Hugs*