Sunday, March 03, 2019

A Sneak Peek into my March rotation

Because I work on so many HUGE pieces, I enjoy working with a rotation.  Since I have joined the "Full Coverage fanatics' group on FB I find that I have to change things up every month, in order to meet the criteria for various themed SALs, which is fine. Variety is the spice of life....or something like that, right?

So, for this month my rotation looks like this:

1st-24th Mermaid's Tale (goal is 2400 stitches, to meet the Large By The numbers challenge for FCF group)
1st-12th Winter Rose (goal is 1200 stitches, to meet the small By the Numbers challenge for FCF group)

13th-14th- Ornament (Just to get a tiny break from working on the Big projects)
15th-31st Flower Bride (goal is 1000 stitches to meet the "Vintage themed SAL for FCF group)
24th-31st- Ornament (Hope to finish this. It's about half way finished thus far)

So, the idea is to work everyday on my Challenge pieces the first part of the month, 100 stitches on each a day, until I've reached the goal. Then I switch and work on my ornament or my themed SAL piece at the end of the month.

I'm hoping this works better for me and helps me not end up cramming like crazy to get the challenge pieces done by months end. So, even if I run a little over on my "deadline date" I still have some wiggle room to keep working on them before the end of the month.

Now I need to work out a posting schedule for this blog. I used to try to post on the 5's of the month, but somehow things just kinda fell apart....ugh...anyway. or maybe just post when I finish my goal for each piece for the month? I don't know... I would do "WIP Wednesday", and post progress on all of them on Weds. I don't know....we'll have to see.

I hope whatever your goals may be for the month (if you set them) that you are able to reach them, and enjoy the feeling of reaching goals that you set. If you're not all crazy OCD like me, and just enjoy stitching whatever, whenever, with no set goals I hope you enjoy every stitch you put in and you enjoy your progress.

And let me know in the comments....are you a goal setter? Or are you a fly by the seat of your pants kinda stitcher?
Have a wonderful stitch filled week!

5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Best wishes to you as you work on your goals and challenges for March! I am looking forward to seeing your progress shots.

Katie said...

Good luck with your goals. I set some goals. This week I need to do a finishing day and sew at least one pillow. I try not to really with my stitching. I just want to enjoy it. I have set rotations before and I just don't enjoy them. I hope you find whatever works best for you.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I stitch on whatever I want when I want to. I cannot stitch for any length of time due to Severe Muscle Spasms in my left Shoulder Blade area. If I stitch too long than My Muscle Spasms will flare up really bad to the point that I can't stand it and they hurt. So I stitch on something every day for a short period of time. That is the only way I can stitch.

Happy Stitching
Linda K, Buttercup

Vicki said...

I am definitely a goal setter. But I've learned to not feel bad if I don't make the goal. Actually, now I try to set a distant goal so that I beat it most of the time. My primary stitching is stockings for my family and it takes me months to complete one. It can be stressful. I'm accompanying a friend to chemo right now and I chose three very small projects to take with me. I've finished two of them and will finish the third this Friday. (post coming soon). I'm so intrigued with your rotation method, Lana. I've followed you for years and am amazed at what you manage to accomplish. I've tried the rotation method, but failed every time. No matter when you decide to post it'll be fun to watch your progress!

Cathy said...

Sounds like a good plan. I am part of the Full Coverage group but I am only doing the 1200 stitches a month. I did it last year and really made alot of progress on my large HAED.