Tuesday, January 08, 2019

A HUGE finish!!

"Day Surrendering to Night"
By: Kustom Krafts
Total of 44,522 stitches
Stitched on 18 count aida
started Feb. 1st 2014 Finished Dec. 6th 2018
Took approximately 500 hours to complete



Happy New Year!! 

I am really hoping to get back into this blogging thing seriously again this year. (I don't set resolutions, but I do set goals, and this is one of my goals for the year.) 

Just wanted to share this. I finished this on December 6th. It was one of my yearly goals for last year, to finish this, as I'd started it almost 5 years ago! But it kept getting pushed aside for other projects. But 2018 was the year I really wanted to have it done! And I made that goal! 

2019 will not be a "huge project" finishing year, as I started way too many new pieces last year for that to happen. I am shooting for one BIG finish, (Flower Bride, by HAED) as I am almost half way finished with it, so think I may see a finish on it. Though I am counting on a lot of page finishes, which, to anyone who is a full coverage stitcher, each page finish feels like a mini finish. 

I am also going to be working on my Christmas smalls again this year. I had taken a long break from them, but decided that with all these huge projects in the works, I wanted to try to get some smalls in here and there, just to break it up a bit. 

I thank you for dropping in, if you have stuck in there with me even with my huge break from blogging last year. It was completely unintentional, just life gets in the way sometimes. But I am really going to try to get back into it, full throttle again this year. I find that I tend to post at FB a lot more, simply because it's so much easier. But, I do love writing, so am going to try to get back into this. 

There is just one snafu that may lead to my having to stop working on this blog, and that is in August, my husband will be retiring, and we will be moving to Alaska, so things are gonna change ALOT, and so I'm not sure how consistently I'll be able to keep up posting here once that happens, but we will see. I'll give it my best shot! 

Thank you all for stopping in, and reading, I hope you have a great week, and I will see you again very soon! Until then...Joyful Stitching!! 

 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy new year, I'm hearing many are returning to the blog world this year. It's great to hear your one of them. Love your finish and congrats on finishing it after so long. like you I have a haed that I started in 2012 and it keeps getting put way for something else so this year I plan to finish it. It only has now 2 half pages to go maybe so I will get to finish it I think. Wish you luck with all your plans for 2019 and hope to see you blogging. Happy stitching!

Linda said...

Congrats on the gorgeous finish Lana.

Linda

Katie said...

Wow what a finish! Congrats!! Good luck with your goals for the year. Wow what a move. Hope it goes smoothly for you.

Vicki said...

What a gorgeous finish, Lana. Of course, all of your projects are so beautiful. Moving to Alaska?! What an adventure that will be. I hope you'll be able to keep posting. I'm eager to hear about life there. Will you be in a city?

Sasha said...

Congrats with the finish! Every finish is a win, and this one looks fabulous!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Good going on finishing it!

Claudette497 said...

I'm happy dancing with you - that's a great finish!