Saturday, May 20, 2017

Autumn Peace update

Well, I am finally seeing some real progress on this one.  As just recently I have switched up my rotation to better suit me (again....lol)

My old rotation I stitched two hours a day: I worked an hour on Autumn Peace everyday, as it is my focus piece, and then I alternated the other hour between Ornaments (3 days a week) and Day Surrendering to Night (4 days a week)  However, so many times, I would end up just working on one project and never switch over to the other one, or I wouldn't find a full 2 hours a day or with my stitch bug being what it's been the first of the year, who knows? For whatever reason, I just never seemed to get as much as I wanted to and I was getting very frustrated.

So, now I still work on the 2 projects a day, but instead of an hourly amount, I have a stitch amount. Except for the Ornaments, they still just get an hour on their 3 days. The other two full coverage pieces, I try to get a full 10x10 block done everyday that I work on them. Which can sometimes take a while, depending on the amount of confetti or whatnot. Sometimes it doesn't take much time at all, it just depends on if there are large chunks of one color, or a lot of confetti. But I have been doing so much better with keeping up on my goals this way. I think being able to SEE the amount put in every day is really helping me be motivated, as apposed to saying "Ok, I've got an hour, lets see how much I can get done", and then sometimes feeling very frustrated if I run into a large amount of confetti and not seeing as much progress as I'd like.

This time I was able to finish over 3 columns worth of stitching, and I've got less than 2 columns left and I'll have finished this page, AND! the entire top row of pages (p.1-5)  So, I'm very excited about that!! So, I am really hoping to be onto the next row of pages by the time I post again, next month! Wish me luck!

Sorry for the rambling! Thank you so much for reading, and until next time....happy stitching!

4 comments:

cucki said...

Love your stitching
Sending you big hugs x

Vicki said...

Looking good! I always enjoy reading about your rotation method. I tried to start a rotation this year, but I failed miserably. I find it hard to put away one project to go to another one. I haven't given up completely, but right now I'm just focusing on one large project with a quick break to stitch a baby sampler for five days. I'm eager to see how your new approach to rotation works out.

Bekah said...

Great progress, I like the idea of doing a stitch amount each day. Good luck with your projects.

cucki said...

Wow I love your autumn pice so much and love your stitching ✨
Big hugs x