Saturday, July 10, 2010

Progress on Petal

I realized that I had forgotten to post a progress photo of Petal before I put her away for the month. So, here it is:
For the most part everything but the white and backstitching is in. When I return to work on this next month, I will have alot of white to work on....oh , joy....
Man, so far, this first part of this month has been crazy! I usually try to have my motnhly smalls done by now, and I just finished my two letters today, and have astart on my checkered block, which I will share in my next post.
I normally have a lot of stitching time, as when the hubs is at work, I have long stretches of days to do housework and stitching and reading...not always in that order! lol, however the first part of this month has been a little different.
First we had a 4 day weekend, to commemorate independance day, and so I spent much of those 4 days hanging out with the hubs, and with friends, BBQing and basically doing your normal holiday- type things. So, the hubs was off Mon and Tues of last week, then on Weds. was his finals day for the 6 week class he's had to take for his work, so he had 2 tests, and got home early, then we had to run and get me a new dress, for the graduation banquet for the following night. Thursday, we had his graduation ceremony in the morning, lunch with fellow graduates in the afternoon, then a few hours to relax and get ready for the graduation/awards ceremony banquet that night. Then Fri, the hubs was off work again, as it was his b-day so we spent much of the day hanging out and doing birthday type things. Phew....I have to say not a whole lot of reading or stitching time in there for me, but it was a nice week overall. Except for the slight feeling that I am catching a bug of some sort! I have taken long 2-3 hour naps almost every day in the afternoons, and have been going to bed pretty early. And this morning I woke up with a scratchy throat, and a dry cough! UGH! I don't want to be sick! I have not gotten sick at all since we got to this island a year ago. Oh well.
But next week, things should start returning to normal, as the hubs returns to a normal work schedule, so I'm hoping to play catch up on both stitching and reading. In my next post I will share photos of the letters N and O, and possibly my progress on my July checkered square.
Not much work has commenced on Snow Valley Express, because as I started to put a;little bit of time on it, I quickly realized why I threw it to the way side in the first place! It is a PAIN IN THE WAZOO!!!! The pattern is hard to follow and there are alot of color changes....and complicated backstitching! ugh! This project will be a sure labor of love if I get it done!!! So grab your pom poms and cheer me on, cause I am gonna need it with this one!!!

7 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is so pretty! The colors are wonderful and you are doing a great job.

Unknown said...

Sis boom bah, rah, rah, GO Snow Valley Express!!!

Jules said...

Looking great! Can't wait to see the finish on this one...

Raven/Missy said...

WOW what a busy week! Sounds like a lot of fun though :)

Your WIP looks great!

I am sure you can do Snow Valley Express! *Rah rah*

Carolyn NC said...

Great progress - hope the sickies stay away from you, too!

Babs said...

It looks lovely, i'm coming back to see what you are going to stitch next.

Rachel said...

are you getting better now? You may try Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa (ninjiom-hk.cwahi.net). i know alot of people use it, its also non alcoholic, though it’s effectiveness is not as good as alcohol based cough medicine, but it’s still good to use on not so serious scratchy throat.