Friday, January 23, 2009

Progress Photo and a Finish Friday!

I did it! I finally finished Snowman #5! I am sure you are all probably sick and tired of looking at my lil snowy guys here, sorry about that! The good news is, I am now onto the last and final one of the series of six so you will soon no longer be bored by having to see their cheery lil' faces here. LOL! I do love and appreciate all the wonderful comments I have recieved as I have worked through these lil guys. They encouraged me greatly to push forward.

So here are my photos:

Snowman #5 finished!
Here is progress on #6


And here is the whole collection thus far!

There is one odd ball there in the center done on dark blue Aida, I was going to originally do them on dark blue and light blue fabrics, but ran out and wasn't patient enough to wait for any to be ordered, so just decided to stitch them on white and stitch in the background colors.

These lil' guys kept me busy for the better part of 2008. I have enjoyed stitching them, although at times stitching in the background colors got a bit tedious and monotonous, but they are really cute, and I think they will look cute next Christmas adorning my new home in Japan.

However the ending of a project gets me thinking of what I want to work on next...do I start a new project or do I pull out a WIP? Hmmm...I will have to think on that! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your snowmen are just too cute! I absolutely love them!

Terry said...

They are adorable. I say do both; start something new and grab a WIP and work on it a little. This way you get all the fun of a new start along with the fun of seeing a WIP continue.

Carolyn NC said...

We love looking at all your cute snowmen! Great job.

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy your snowmen. So adorable!

Tama said...

Aw, those are just darling! I love snowmen, and you did such an incredible job! Can't wait to see the last one!

Sadie said...

Great work. I think number 5 is my favourite so far. Can't wait to see number 6!
Keep up the good work.

Wendy said...

Oooh I love watching your snowmen!! They are so adorable, I like them very much! I'm looking forward to the 6th one.

Shelleen said...

they are all adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Those are really cute! And don't worry about how long it takes to finish your sixth. I'm still doing Christmas WIPs too. LOL, and I know we're not the only ones!

Meari said...

Those are cute!! Awesome job. Congratson on your finishes!

Juanita said...

Love your snowmen! They're too cute.